Roles of Management
In an effective business, the role of management is clearly distinguished from that of front-line workers. Managers develop and communicate the overall purpose and structure of the company. Managers also build a collaborative company culture and team atmosphere that makes the line between management and employees close.
What certification should a manager hold?
Individuals interested in management can obtain a certificate in management or a degree in finance, such as an undergrad degree in Commerce, or an Honour's Degree in International Finance from a certified institute.
There are a number of skills that a manager can utilize when organizing a business and its employees. Strategies such as SWOT analysis and SMART are effective methods of reaching goals and setting company targets.
The use of SWOT goals enable effective managers to focus company resources and demonstrate returns on their investment.
- What advantages does your organization have?
- What do you do better than anyone else?
- What unique or lowest-cost resources can you draw upon that others can't?
- What do people in your market see as your strengths?
- What factors mean that you "get the sale"?
- What is your organization's Unique Selling Proposition (USP)?
Review the role of management by downloading a copy of the Management Powerpoint.