LGS3080: Criminal Law
What is Law? Who Needs It? This section will introduce you to the study of law, and how law relates to rules and justice within the Canadian legal system.
Day 1: What is Criminal Law?
- What is Criminal Law?
Day 2: Mens Rea & Actus Reus/Summary, Hybrid, & Indictable Offences
Day 3: Powers of the Police/Charter Rights
- Constable Presentation
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms Assignment Due
Day 5: From Arrest to Trial/Courtroom
- From Arrest to Trial PowerPoint
- Courtroom Diagram Assignment
- Criminal Law Assignment #1 Due
Day 6: Youth Criminal Justice Act/Bail Hearing/Preliminary Hearing
- YCJA Activity
- Bail Hearing & Preliminary Hearing PowerPoint
Day 7: Levels of Court/Trials by Judge Alone & Trials by Judge & Jury/Jury and Jury Selection
- Levels of Court Assignment
- Trials by Judge Alone & Trials by Judge and Jury Assignment
- Jury & Jury Selection PowerPoint
- Criminal Law Review
- Criminal Law Jeopardy